In SCCM 2012 I had issues when deploying the DP role to a Windows 7 x86 machine. When I checked the distmgr.log on the primary site server I saw:
CWmi::Connect() failed to connect to \<<DPNAME>>rootSCCMDP. Error = 0x800706BA
On the Windows 7 machine that I was trying to add the DP role to, the WMI Name space rootSCCMDP did not exist.
After copying smsdpprov.mof from Program FilesMicrosoft Configuration ManagerbinX64 I ran ‘mofcomp.exe smsdpprov.mof’ and this recreated the WMI name space and the DP role install continued.
I use a maximum of one Google Ad per post to help offset some of my blog hosting costs.